It’s time to start getting ready for kindergarten!
Our four-year-olds are more curious than ever, and they’re ready to start building the academic skills that will lead to success in kindergarten and beyond. Just like we did with our 2’s and 3’s, we’ll be focusing on five major areas of development to get them ready for the next stage:
- Social and Emotional Development
- Language Development
- Physical Development
- Cognitive Development
- Work Habits
We know how important it is to monitor your child’s progress before kindergarten, so you can expect two progress reports a year and two Parent/Teacher conferences. As always, you are welcome to call us if you have questions or concerns.
In addition to our general development areas, your child will be learning many specific skills, including the following:
- Writing first and last name
- Recognizing and writing numbers 1-20
- Recognizing and writing upper and lowercase letters, A-Z
- Introducing beginning sounds
- Reciting address and phone numbers
- Beginning Science Program (5 Senses, Planets, Plants, Lifecycles of Butterflies, Anatomy of the Body, Seasons, Weather, and Magnets)
- Beginning Spanish (Numbers, Colors, Shapes, Common Phrases)
- Review & Build on 3’s Program
We know that our students will have lots of fun as they learn these essential skills, and when it’s time for kindergarten, they’ll be more than ready to meet the challenge.
If you are considering having your child join us for Pre-K, we urge you to learn more today.